A great country to live and do business and 3,200 km north in Australia covers 7,682,300 square kilometres, which makes it more than twice as large as India and about the same size as the 48 mainland states of the USA.
A HEALTHY ECONOMIC STRUCTURE
Australia has a comprehensive economic policy framework in place. The economy is globally competitive and remains an attractive destination for investment. Australia has a sound, stable and modern institutional structure that provides certainty to businesses.
VISAS IN THE BUSINESS CATEGORY
Australia offers opportunity for successful business people from across the world to invest in the region. The Australian Business Talent visa is an ideal option for competent business owners to explore and contribute to the success of a new or existing Australian business. This is a permanent visa and requires State or Territory government sponsorship.
Migrating to Australia as Business Person
The Business Migration program encourages successful business people to settle permanently in Australia and develop new or existing businesses. On 1 March 2003, a new two-stage Business Migration scheme was introduced for Australia. An overview of the business Skills Category and pathways to permanent residence is given below:
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) category
- Business Owner (Provisional) category
- State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) category
- Senior Executive (Provisional) category
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (Provisional) category
- Investor (Provisional) category
To be eligible under this category the applicant should:
- Be sponsored by an appropriate regional authority of a State or Territory government;
- Have an overall successful business career;
- Have an ownership interest in a main business or main businesses that had an annual turnover of at least A$ 300,000 for at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before the application is made or had a sound continuous business employment record in a senior management role on a qualifying business for at least 4 years immediately before the application is made and have demonstrated a high level of management skill.
- Have net value of business & personal assets (including spousal assets) at least A$ 250,000 and are available for transfer to Australia within 2 years after the grant of visa, plus sufficient assets available to settle in Australia;
- Be aged less than 55 years at the time of application