This is a Permanent Resident Visa which is an option to the individuals who cannot meet the Skilled Independent Visa pass mark and for those applicants whose occupation is not listed in the SOL1.
The basic requirement of this visa is to get sponsorship from a sponsoring State/ Territory in Australia. Applicants should also meet the points test by scoring 60. This visa is designed by the Australian government to address skill shortages in Australia.
The Skilled Sponsored Visa is only a Permanent Resident Visa and the applicants under this category must live for 2 years in Specified State from which he/she has been nominated.
Australian Skilled Nominated Visa Requirements
Features of this Program:
- The applicant has to be sponsored by State /Territory Government.
- Permanent residents under the Australian Skilled Immigration Program have full access to health care benefits and certain social security payments.
- Permanent residents under this Category can apply for citizenship of Australia after staying there for 4 year.
- Once landed in Australia, the applicant can sponsor their family for permanent residency in Australia.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with the Australian Migration Law.
- Applicant can score 5 points if nominated by an Australian State/Territory Govt.
Eligibility for the Australia Skilled Nominated Visa
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled sponsored visa and must meet the 60 points to file for a visa.
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 – 49 years.
- English language:The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competence or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. He/ she should also meet the English Language threshold of minimum 6 bands of IELTS in all the components.
- Nominated occupations : The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that matches with his/her skills, qualifications and work experience.
- Skill Assessment : It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the visa application is lodged.
- Health & character requirements : The applicant has to meet with health and character requirements.